Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here we go!!!

Hello!!! Even a guy like me can do this. I have now really entered the digital realm.

I started this because in 58 days, 5 members from my church will be leaving on a missions trip to Malawi, Africa. One of our elders will be going, as will one of the members of the missions team. He will be taking his oldest son with him. I will also be going and taking my 17 year old with me as well. I wanted to let people in on what is going on to prepare to go serve our brothers and sisters in Christ on the other side of the world.

This first post is to just get things started. I really did not think it would be this easy to start this thing, but also realize it will take a little bit of work to get all the information out there for everyone to be informed.

So, this blog for the next 2 months will focus almost exclusively on the team and our preparations, setbacks, and plans for the trip. I want everyone to know the team members, how the preparations are going, what needs we have, and how you might be able to pray for us.

Please bear with me as I try to make this site presentable. I am excited to see what God does to us and through us as we seek to serve our Master.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the digital age. Thanks for setting this up. Although the count down is freaking me out a little bit (I prefer to think that it is still months away).

Unknown said...

Sojourner happens to be donna patterson