Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Faster than a Speeding Bullet

Hello! The long lost blogger has mysteriously re-appeared. Thanks for those of you who have been waiting so patiently for me to give you some kind of an update. I would like to say that I have just been too busy, and to some extent that has been true. The truth is, I have just been in somewhat of a funk and have not been sure what to share. I also was beginning to think that the only one reading this blog was Charlie. Thanks for those of you that have shared with me you have been reading, and I am sorry for my negligence. I will do my best to keep you updated as the day rapidly approaches.
There are now only 16 days left and this one is almost gone. That means we really have only 14 days to prepare our messages, obtain whatever supplies are still needed, pack and go on day 15. The time is rapidly approaching. In fact, the days are flying by like a 100 car freight train going full speed downhill with no brakes. Thankfully, our great God has planned each of our steps and we have no need to be anxious. We need to be diligent and faithful, but we can also rest in His faithful plan for us.
Yes, there is much to do, but I think I can speak for the others when I say we are getting so very excited to go. I have waited a long time to get to finally meet pastor Brasswell, and to see firsthand what God is doing to grow His church in Malawi. I am filled with anticipation to see the completed classroom block at the training center in Betere. This has been a long-term dream of Brasswell's to create a place to bring people in to teach them how to grow in Christ. The walls have been completed, and we have sent him the money for the metal roof panels. They should be up by the time we get there. Here are the latest pictures of the classroom.


Please remember the Patterson's at this time of grief. It will be a difficult time for them as they deal with the loss of Donna's mother. Please pray for the whole family as they will each deal with this loss differently. Pray that Charlie and Josiah will be able to sensitive and supportive these last couple of weeks. God has His hand in this for them at this time, even if we do not understand His timing of these events. But we know that He works all these things for our good, and for His glory.
Each of us has our own list of things to accomplish before we go. Charlie has his family situation, and another class this Saturday. And next Friday he will teach the youth about making ones life count for Christ around the world. Dan has his business to attend to and prepare for his absence, while still dealing with his elder duties. The young men are dealing with school, jobs they have never had before, and get themselves ready to be used by the Lord. All of this while dealing with the growing excitement of the trip looming just around the corner. I am confident that God will allow me to get everything done I need to do, but I need to be faithful with my time.
Thank you to all who have shown an interest in what God is doing for us and through us. We cannot thank you enough for your prayers, encouragement and support of various kinds. Your reward will be waiting for you by Him who is faithful, abounding in steadfast love, gracious and merciful to those He has chosen. May our great God be exalted and lifted high, both now and forevermore.


No comments: